There are various types of bicycles designed to serve a certain terrain and purpose, all these bikes be it a mountain bike, road bike , city bike comes with a different style handlebar. Each created to serve a different riding condition. There are various type of handlebars which can make or break the pleasant riding experience. This Blog will help you understand various types of handlebar and its terminologies .
Handlebars greatly influence the overall handling and stability of your bicycle, so choosing the correct handlebar that suits your bikes geometry and your riding stance is very essential.
1) Flat Handlebar : As the name suggest these handle bars are characterized as flat and straight without any raise, these handlebars are mostly used on mountain bikes and as they are known for there versatile. flat bars gives rider an option to put lots of Accessories on it since the Handel bar are flat.
2) Flat raise : These are similar to flat handlebar but with a slight raise . The raise on these handle bar is typically around 60 to 80 mm . The raised handlebar are a good choice for city and hybrid bikes giving rider a more relaxed position. we also get flat raised handle bars with a raise of 20 to 30mm which are typically used on mountain bikes and are well suited for trail riding. These bars are a little longer than flat bars.
3) Cruiser Handle : These handle bars allows the rider to sit completely upright .These are also known as upright handlebar due to there extreme sweep. Cruiser handlebar are mostly used on Ladies bicycle . These handlebar puts the position of your wrist in the most natural form while riding. 4) Bull horn : Bull handle bars are characterized as handle bars which are curved up and forward like a bulls horn. Bull handle bar allows the rider to get lower when facing headwind while going on fast speeds. Hence these are used on track bikes and fixies .
5) BMX Handlebar : These handlebar gets there name from the type of bike they are used on. These handle bars are made strong and can handle whatever stress or beating you put on it.
6) Drop Handlebar : Drop bars are characterized as handlebars with flat section at the middle and the end seeped downwards towards the rider. Drop bars allows the rider to tuck in and giving rider a more aerodynamic position. A lot of riders puts extra hood on there drop bars which functions as bull handle giving the rider and additional handle position. Drop bars comes in various shapes sizes and material depending on the bike and reach required by the rider
These are few basic terminologies which will help you choose your bicycle handlebar correctly.